Getting Started - Mobile
LARIX Mobile Streaming for iOS
|You must have an account on liveonlive.com before using the Larix Broadcaster.
Sign up NOW. How to create channel click here.
Step 1 – Download app from App Store for iOS
1. Go to App Store for iOS for iPhone/iPad.
2. Install the app.
Step 2 – Login to your LiveonLive account
1. Go to Account Dashboard.
2. Tap Broadcast button.
3. Select Channel use for broadcast.
4. Option to Record broadcast.
User can record the broadcast. Slide the toggle switch to ON. Recorded video can be found in My Videos.
5. Scroll down and select Larix Broadcaster.
6. Tap System & Hardware Requirements.
7. Select Broadcasting Settings.
8. Copy the RTMP Server Address.
Copy the RTMP Server Address the paste them at Live Stream URL. See Step 4 – Live Stream URL (# 1)
Tap Regenerate if you need another RTMP Server Address.
Sample of RTMP Server Address:
Step 3 – Launch LARIX Broadcaster
INFO DISPLAY ON MOBILE DEVICE BEFORE BROADCAST
1. Settings (tap here the configure settings of broadcaster)
2. Broadcast (tap here to START/STOP the broadcast)
3. Microphone (tap here to ON/OFF microphone)
4. Shot (tap here to take picture using the broadcaster)
5. Flip (tap here change camera – Front or Back)
6. FPS (current display of frame per second)
INFO DISPLAY ON MOBILE DEVICE DURING BROADCAST
7. Display the current upload speed
8. Display current file size
9. Display total running time
Step 4 – Settings on Broadcaster
LARIX SETTINGS INTERFACE
|Image 1||Image 2|
1. Live Stream URL
- Paste the RTMP Server Address
2. Stream Mode
- Select Video + Audio / Video Only / Audio Only
3. Capture and Encoding Setting (See Image 1)
4. Delete saved files
- Delete recorded video on your device
- Allow Larix to access microphone
- Allow Larix to access camera
7. Camera option
- Select front or back camera
8. Video Setting (See Image 3)
9. Audio Setting (See Image 4)
10. Record Stream
- Record the stream on your device
|Image 3||Image 4|
11. Resolution (Video Size/Dimension)
- SD > 192 x 144, 352 x 288, 480 x 360, 640 x 480, 960 x 540
- HD > 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080
12. Orientation (Camera Position)
13. Live Rotation (Camera Rotation)
- Follow screen rotation
- Lock while broadcasting
15. Bitrate (Video Quality)
- 500 Kbps
- 1,000 Kbps
- 1,500 Kbps
- 2,000 Kbps
- 2,500 Kbps
- 3,000 Kbps
- 3,500 Kbps
- 4,000 Kbps
- 4,500 Kbps
- 5,000 Kbps
- 5,500 Kbps
- 6,000 Kbps
16. Frame Rate (Frames per Second)
- 15 fps
- 25 fps
- 30 fps
17. Keyframe Frequency (Scene Detection)
- 1 sec
- 2 sec
- 4 sec
18. Channel Count (Number of Audio Channel)
19. Sample Rate (Audio Quality)
- 48 KHz
- 44.1 KHz
- 32 KHz
- 24 KHz
- 22.05 KHz
|UPLOAD SPEED||1MB – 1.5MB||2MB – 3MB||4MB - Up|
|BITRATE||500 Kbps||1,000 Kbps||2,000 Kbps|
|RESOLUTION||640 x 360||1280 x 720||1920 x 1080|
|SAMPLE RATE||32 Khz||44.1 Khz||48 Khz|
- The higher the bit rate – better quality. You need a FAST & STABLE internet connection.
- Definition > 100000 bytes = 100kilobyts (KB)
- Your upload bandwidth must be greater than your stream’s total bit-rate. It is recommended that your upload speed be at least 50% greater than the bit-rate of your broadcast. Test your bandwidth > http://cdn1.ustream.tv/networktest
- Recommended to set AUTO for Bitrate and Sample Rate, if available bandwidth is not sufficient.
- Recorded broadcast in device can be retrieved in iTunes – via PC, click Apps (Larix Broadcaster).
- Back up files before Delete Saved Files.
- Record stream on mobile is different from Auto-record on (website) Channel.